Wednesday, October 19, 2011


It seems that every time I post something I’m going home or spent a weekend home. It is probably a good way to transition from home to college. The way I see it is that it’s experiencing new things while not forgetting where you came from. Overall I spend all my time here on campus, and I spend little time actually going home or thinking about it.

These past few weeks have been the same as the rest of year eat, sleep, class, study, etc. Nothing new, just the classes are getting more challenging. Last time I talked about taking my tests, the grades are not really what I wanted but they are what I expected. They were a bit low, but now I know that I need to study more and try new studying techniques, something I never did in high school.

My trip back home was basically the same thing as last time. Just visiting friends and family while taking a break from school. Coming back didn’t seem so weird this time it just didn’t really feel like anything. I spent most of the time with my cousin, who I mentioned before, because it is his birthday next week and I would not be able to be there for it. Other than that the only other exciting part of this trip was my dad’s new Audi R8, which is my dream car. Riding in it had been one of the things I had been looking forward to. But to my surprise he actually let me drive it around. This car had made leaving so much harder.


Creative Commons License
This work by Estefan Rodriguez is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

When it was time for me to come back I felt as if I wasn’t ready to come back. While I was in high school I couldn’t wait to leave but during this weekend I felt like it wasn’t enough time. I don’t know if it was just the fact that I had to go back to classes or the fact that I had to leave home but it just didn’t feel right leaving. I don’t think this was a step backwards in my transition, I feel as if everyone goes through this phase when they make the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment